Previously known as America Online, AOL is a worldwide recognized email that comes up with an attachment limit up to 25 MB, simple user-interface, large mailbox size, supported protocols (POP3, SMTP, IMAP), and many other features. To begin sending and receiving emails, you have to create a new AOL account by following these instructions:
- Go to mail.aol.com
- Click the Sign Up link
- Enter the following information:
- First Name and Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- Birth date
- Click Continue
- You will be now asked to provide a password
- This password alongside the email address will be used for your AOL account log in
While setting up the password, make sure you read the password guidelines provided. Moreover, don’t forget to answer the security questions that can help you recover AOL password when you forget the same in the future. If you are an existing AOL user and unable to access your account, then follow this steps to reset or recover your email account:
How to reset AOL password?
- Visit mail.aol.com and click Trouble Signing in
- Choose forget AOL password
- Provide your recovery email address or phone number for AOL password reset process
- Click Continue
- If you choose email number for your AOL password recovery, then AOL will send a password reset link to your email ID. Follow the instructions given in the email and reset AOL password without a hassle.
- On the other hand, if you select a phone number as your AOL password recovery option, then you will receive a code on your phone number. Provide the code in the right field and reset AOL password.
In case, you find any suspicious activity on your AOL mail account, then change your AOL password immediately by logging in to your AOL mail account, visiting the Settings section, and entering the new password. It won’t take too long!