Microsoft offers a plethora of products, services, and software that are famous worldwide among consumers and businesses. The main motto of Microsoft products is to make the latest technology accessible to computer users. To access these products, you have to create a Microsoft account. You can skip this step if you already have a Microsoft account. Here in this article, we will tell you the steps to close or delete Microsoft account.
At any point, if you feel that you no longer need this account then delete Microsoft account by following a certain set of instructions. But before deleting or closing your account, keep a check on the following:
- Keep a backup of all your OneDrive files
- Cancel all your active subscriptions
- Then Save your data
- Utilize the credits or money in your Microsoft account
Please note that deleting your Microsoft account will also remove Xbox Live data and GamerTag, OneDrive files, Skype ID and contacts, NuGet.org account, and Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, and MSN email accounts. In other words, you cannot access other Microsoft services once you delete your Microsoft account. If you are facing any errors to log in to your Microsoft account, read account live password reset solution.
To close Microsoft account completely, remove it from your local machine by following these instructions:
(Before initiating the process, log out your Microsoft account from all devices it is logged in to)
- Go to your system Settings and visit the Accounts section
- Here you will see the option to remove the Microsoft account
- Click the same and wait until the process finishes!
To delete Microsoft account from its online store-
- Go to Microsoft online store
- Visit Close your account page
- You will be asked to log in to your Microsoft account
- Enter the registered email ID and the password for the same
- Proceed the onscreen instructions to verify your details
- Now You will receive a verification code on the recovery email or mobile number
- Choose the further options displayed on the screen
- Confirm the deletion
Your account will be deleted in the next 60 days. For further information, reach out to the team of Microsoft technicians.
To contact Microsoft support for troubleshooting and technical help, visit Microsoft support phone number
Dial Toll-Free Support Number ( 1888-315-9712 )