Hotmail or MSN Hotmail is a free email service that can carry up to 5 GB space and allows its users to have multiple accounts. Developed by Microsoft, the email client supports almost all the major web browsers and is compatible on all platforms. Besides spam filtering, text signature, multiple languages option, and auto-update, Hotmail is loaded with several other features as well.
Once you create your Hotmail account, you can access all its features and start sending as well as receiving emails. For all Hotmail users, it is recommended to change your password after a certain interval. Doing this helps in ditching the cybercriminals. To change your Hotmail password, you don’t need to follow any hard and fast rule. Just do the following:
- Log in to your Hotmail account
- Go to Settings
- You will find an option to change your password
- Provide your existing password and then enter the new one
- Confirm the same by typing it again in the next field
- It’s done!
If you forget Hotmail password, then you will have to follow different steps:
Reset Hotmail Password via recovery email
Resetting or recovering your Hotmail account by using a recovery email address is quite simple. Check that out here:
- On the Hotmail sign in window, click Forgot password
- Select Recovery email as an option to recover Hotmail password
- Enter the email, and you will receive a password reset email
- Open that email, click the link included in it
- Proceed according to the onscreen instructions
- Congratulations! You have successfully recovered your Hotmail account
Reset Hotmail Password via recovery phone number
Have you added a recovery phone number while setting up your Hotmail account? Great! You can use that number to recover your Hotmail account. For this, perform these steps:
- Go to the Hotmail login page
- Click Forgot password
- Choose Recovery phone number as your ideal mode of Hotmail password reset
- Enter the number, and you will receive a code
- Provide that code into the text box available on the screen
- Now, set a new password for your Hotmail account
Reset Hotmail Password by answering security questions
If you have responded to and saved the answers to Hotmail security questions, then you have to look nowhere else. Simply choose this option when clicking on trouble signing in at the Sign In window. You will have to provide accurate answers to the asked questions. If everything goes right, then the next step would be entering the new password.
What if you still face trouble with Hotmail log in? Don’t panic and contact our expert technicians. We promise to provide you with nothing but the best solution.